Without much blah blah - here are my 10 favorite'st album of the year 2012. (In order as mentioned.)
10. Vicky Donor : This small, but joint effort of composers (Abhishek-Akshay, Bann, Rochak Kohli AND Ayushmann Khurrana) was just so perfect. In the movie, and off, the little album was fun.
9. Kahaani : Though not featured in the movie, you can 'see' the sequence from the film while listening to this one. From Usha ji's 'rocking' ode to the city to longing in Tore bina, loved everything.
8. Ishaqzaade : Unlike other 'desi' movies of YRF, this was a totally different outing. The score made everyone 'Pareshaan'.
7. English Vinglish : Dhak Dhuk, Aadmi-topi, Navrai Majhi and what not. So typical Amit, but still, loveable all the way.
6. Agneepath : Another 'perfect for movie' soundtrack this one was. Percussion filled dramatic songs plus serene O saiyyan and Abhi Mujh Mein Kahin. The songs themself were telling the story.
5. Chittagong : The Bengali flavor throughout the album. Lovely Bolo Na, to uplifting Nishaan. Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy's only album is nothing short of a class effort.
4. Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana : You can smell those rotis and chicken khurana in each track. Lively Luni Hansi to crazy Motorwada. You just can't get enough of this dish.
3. Cocktail : Out and out - Pritam style - hit after hit. From funky Tumhi Ho and Daaru Desi, to Yaariyaan and Luttna. And how can I forget 'guest' additions - Main Sharabi & Angrezi Beat. Total speaker-faadu material.
2. Gangs Of Wasseypur 1 & 2 : Womaniya, Moora, Bhoos, Hunter, Kaala, Electric, Bihar ke lala, Manmauji.. more more. Sneha - more Tai Tai To To please.
1. Barfi : Shut the fuck Up and Listen - that's how Pritam shut each and every critic's mouth out there. Brilliant from each note. Barfi is surely the best work of him so far. Bouncy title song, melodious Aashiyaan and dreamy Phir Le aaya. Wah Pritam da, Wah !