Updated: Contest ends on 30th May ! and new ways to participate. Read at the end of the post.
Sangeet mein hai aisi fuhaar, patjhad mein bhi jo laaye bahaar..(Music is a sweet rain, that turns autumn into spring)Sangeet mein hai Allah-o-Raam, Sangeet mein hai duniya tamaam..(Music has in it both Allah and Ram, Music is there, in all creations)
Stealing some words here, aptly put in a song from Mission Kashmir. What life, where music is not there, could be? Talking about me - life without music, is un-imaginable. Music is something I can not live without at all. Take away my books, social network, TV movies but - no, not the music. The precious little collection I have. Often I have nightmares about losing my music collection. Scary. Since childhood the collection has kept only increasing. Count in precious cassettes too. Even thought the fact is that my first ever beloved walkman is no more ;)
And then when I heard about the latest service by HP - Connected Music. This made me absolutely excited about how this can make my life easier. With ease of expanding music and much more possibilities. With a collection that you can only imagine. The portability that allows you to find search and play your favorite songs any where, everywhere. And whoa ! Its FREE for 1 full year ! (how I love this word !).
And one fine day, thanks to HP India, I had a chance to get my hands on a brand new dhinchak Windows 8 powered HP Envy X2 notebook. Calling it a 'sexy' notebook, would be an understatement.
Clear shining aluminum finish with sleek curves made me fall for it instantly. And, then, it was time for me to get flattered as I knew that this is 'actually' a 2-in-1 thing. Its a notebook as well as a Tablet. Drooool !! With butter smooth OS and touchscreen this makes browsing the music collection so easy like anything. Add 'beats audio' and fab battery life to it. This is a music lover's dream.
Talking about hp Connected Music service, this as I told earlier, is such a fantastic idea to keep a music lover like you and me - hooked to the sound of music. Among many features of the service - here are the major ones :
1) Over 1 million songs database. Yes, you read it right. 10,00,000..
2) All these collections, at just one click on the Connected Music app tile on home screen.
3) Preview any song before download. No more messed up folders with un-necessary tracks that you don't like.
4) Each song downloaded in 'wma' format. Yes, the best one for your notebook. And that is DRM managed - that means - no one can take away your tracks from your notebook. You are the center of each friend's envy. ;)
5) 1 year unlimited downloads ! Jitna chaho, utna download karo. No one is stopping you (except your ISP, heh). Exclusively for Indian customers - hp has gifted this for 1 year from the purchase date of your notebook.
6) A collection that you will fall for. Yes - by tie-ups with Hungama and Universal Music, hp Connect Music makes it sure you are not left with any releases. Be it regional, classical, international or our very own Bollywood films. Click and and you have them all.
7) Trivia, latest news and much more info about your favorite artists. All, in one app.
8) Respect the artist you love. Say No to those pirate sites, because now you have them all at your fingertips.
9) Brilliant crystal clear sound quality. After all, its Beats Audio meets the original tracks.
10) Still here? Go and get your own hp notebook now !! Oh, wait - there is a special contest for you, up next.
p.s. : Already have the hp Connected Music notebook? Log in to soundconnect.co.in and get your app.
So, here is the big announcement.
one of you could be the lucky winner to win a free trip to the UK to see BON JOVI live !!
Yes, my dear readers. HP brings you this great opportunity to see your favorite artist LIVE at UK !!!
And for that - you have to do nothing much.
Here are the two ways to participate :
1) Tweet to hp's Twitter handle, @HPIndia describing what music means to you and mention #HPConnectedMusic hashtag. (Note that Tweets which do not mention the #HPConnectedMusic hashtag will be disqualified).
2) Just leave a comment describing "what music means to you" in just 100 words (or less). (Don’t forget to mention the #HPConnectedMusic hashtag)
That's it ! THE BEST ENTRY by the one lucky winner from those entries, will get a chance to go to the UK !!
Come'on, the contest is open till May 30th !! Winner will be announced on June 4.
Also, don't forget to check out the official page of HP India on Facebook.
Disclaimer :All the rights, trademarks are reserved with HP India. The blog owner doesn't hold any responsibility for legal, moral conflicts arises due to complication in contest. HP India has right to pull back the contest at any time. Please note I am in no way affiliated with HP, or with the concert team for Bon Jovi. Your participation in any activity or communication here or at sites linked to is entirely voluntary, and absolves me and this site of any liabilities related to resulting damages, no matter how material.