The hit machine - as we know him better. Improvising year after year. Shedding all those blames of plagiarism (which I hardly do care about). Pritam - churns most perfect tunes when it comes to make songs of love. And here, are some of my favorites. In chronological order. Please share yours too in the comments.
Older playlists here : Vishal Bhardwaj Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy
1) Phir le aaya dil - Barfi : The Ghazal'ish track with unimaginable arrangements in background. Add Arijit's voice and Kirkire's words. The song takes your senses in another world. Truly, gem of a song.
2) Tum Se Hi-Jab We Met : This had always been on top whenever I made favorite Pritam songs list. (and then, Barfi came). Shahid-Kareena's chemistry, brilliant picturization and Mohit's voice. The song is just perfect in all senses.
3) Raabta-Agent Vinod : Numerous 'reprise' versions. And still, you won't skip even one. This, minimal track is just so gorgeous - be it the singers (Shreya, Hamsika, Arijit, Joi, Aditi) or the words (Amitabh Bhattacharya), you can't help but fall in love.
4) Tera hone laga hoon-Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani : A shallow movie, and a pop song. Yet, sounds fresh anytime I hear it. (not to mention my love for Atif ;)) Alisha and Atif pefects the duet despite that bit annoying 'angrezi' phrases by Neeraj.
5) O Meri Jaan-Life in a Metro : Not a single track in this album that is not 'awesome'. Tough to choose one from it. But this, again for its words (Sandeep Shrivastava), makes it in this list. And the chords, the way it moves rocks its way to peak. Love, totally.
6) Tum mile-Tum Mile : Another album where picking up a single mushy track, is crime. The album is all time favorite. (forget the dreadful movie). This one, again with various 'reprise' version, stays in heart. Upbeat version by Neeraj or soulful by Javed or, rock one by Shafaqat, this touches heart.
7) Yeh dooriyaan-Love Aaj Kal : Prelude whistle that gets stuck in your head. And Mohit Chauhan singing for Pritam. Nothing gets better than that. Irshad's words gets best tune that keeps the pain alive, for long.
8) Bin Tere-Woh Lamhe : Underrated song for an underrated film. Have never heard Jawed Ahmed before this (and not after this too). Just love how Sayeed Qadri's poetry gets peak in second stanza 'Tere saath jiye jo pal....'.
9) Jaane kya chahe mann-Pyaar Ke Side Effects : Wonder why there is no other Pritam song in this template. Zubeen was introduced in Hindi by him, but no other song came out after this one. Pritam used Garg's variations at right places, even the concluding piece with sarangi. Longing feel, can't get better than this. Whattay !
10) Tumhi ho bandhu-Cocktail : And nothing gets better than this when we talk about upbeat and peppy yet different. Kavita Seth in different avatar with Neeraj. The track you can't ignore, sure to make even your heart-dance.
And the list doesn't end there. Given record of Pritam, giving hits after hits, many of them the mushy mushy tracks. Here are some more that are not in top ten, but still, my favorites.
I love you-Bodyguard
Bheegi Si Bhaagi Si-Raajneeti
Tu hi haqeeqat & Dil Ibadat - Tum Mile
Teri ore-Singh is King
Kahin Na-Kismat Konnection
Zara sa - Jannat
Baatein Kuch Anakahee Si, In Dinon-Life in a metro
Aaj Din Chadheya-Love Aaj Kal
Tags : Valentines day songs list, valentine's day songs, love songs, pritam best of pritam, pritam's hit songs list