Again, I have made a Youtube playlist for all of them [well, almost] tell me if you liked it or not. And how about your OWN list? [besides SEL- will also do]
10. Yeh Pyar Kya Hai [Marigold]: Surprising choice, isn't it? This movie is largely unknown. But music of it, was worth notice. Shaan gives life to superb words of Javed Akhtar. Guitar strings are great. I could not find original video, but this animated one, is really sweet and cute.
09. Kitni Narmi Se [Dil Jo Bhi Kahey] : This is another movie, which is un-noticed. But here its Sonu Nigaam. Rendering this sweet song of a boy, falling in love for the first time. Again sweet words by Javedji. Dreamy dreamy song, like a shower of rain in green hill garden. I haven't found original video of this too. So I have put video of my favorite TV series 'Remix'. Audio is same only video is from series.
08. Aao Naa Aao Naa [Kyon, ho Gaya Naa] : Ash looked beautiful like never before. This thing I have marked that, when she was in love with Viveik, she looked awesome in all her movies of that time. I am not big fan of hers, but I loved her in this and in Shabd. The song clearly goes to singer Sadhna Sargam. Udit joins her lately in second half of the song, but Sadhna is just so fantastic.
07. Pyaar Ki Dastaan [Luck By Chance] : Now this is recent favorite of mine. Typical bollywood love song, with different feel to it. Fabulous visuals. Great words again by Javedji. Amit Paul and Mahalaxmi performs this one with so much love.
06. Meri zindgi Mein Aaye Ho [Armaan] : This song is little bit special to me. Some sentiments you know. Javedji's words and [surprising] Sunidhi Chauhan's voice makes this so special alongwith ever dependable Sonu Nigam.
05. Tumhi Dekho Naa [Kabhi Alvida...] : Colorful. Is a single word to describe it. Never have I seen such brilliant use of color in a video. Making it so so much lovely. And SRK / Rani jodi looks great. Javedji again.....Alka and Sonu does great job.
04. Yeh Tumhari Meri Baatein [Rock On] : Oooh...Love is all around. Guitar strings and Dominique Cerejo's amazing voice, make you fall in love. [javedji again :-D]
03. Bol Na Halke Halkie [Jhoom Barabar Jhoom]: Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Mahalaxmi Iyer. A wow composition and equally wow vocals. Dash of sufi and Gulzar saab's great words, makes you drool. The video though, let me down by weird looking Abhishek. But besides that, great visuals of North India.
02. Kaisi hai yeh Rut [Dil Chahta Hai] : Dreams of love. First love. Akshye Khanna. Singer Srinivas. Visuals. There are so many reasons to love this song. Brilliant....lovely, I can feel falling hearts around me, whenever I listen to this.
Now I am being selfish, cause I just couldn't decide between following two. So I can't help but put TWO songs on the post of No.1.
01. Jeene Ke Ishaare [Phir Milenge] : Again this was a small movie about a cause. SEL are guest composers. But they created this memorable song for this. Starts with Guitar strings [these guys are best at using Guitar]. Shankar himself does the job of singing and he is just so fabulous. Shilpa looked lovely with Salman on screen. The chorus singing, always gives me goosebumps of joy, of love. And this was amongst the first of now acclaimed writer Prasoon Joshi.
01. Kuchh Toh Hua Hai [Kal Ho Naa Ho] : There is not a single song, that can match lyrics of this. Complete description of first love. And at the same time, so simple lyrics by Javedji. Shaan and Alka Yagnik does superb job, and on-screen Saif-Priety looks so so good. I just love the song so much.
So these are my favorite songs from SEL, I hope I haven't missed any good one from them. are there any? And yes,
Happy Valentines Day to you all....love you Bloggers !!