Socha Na Tha : Forgotten Soundtracks [5]

It all started with an Email. 2years back, I received an Email from my friend. It contained such lovely poems, I couldn't resist and read them all. Otherwise, I always delete such 'forwardiya' mails. And after getting much impressed by words, at the end of mail, it was written-beautiful poems from movie Socha Na Tha !! I was shocked !! Man, this movie I have missed?? How could I? I never gave importance to even watch that movie when it was released cause it was from Deols, whom I wasn't looking fwd to, those days. Also, publicity was so low-key, that not much people knew that a star-relative is launched. Instantly I got to the music store, got the CD and man on next day, I rented the movie and totally fell for it.

That, was power, for me, of Sandesh Shandilya's absolutely lovely tunes and Irshad Kamil & Subrat Sinha's mesmerizing simple words. Socha Na Tha [2005] is a cute little lovestory of Abhay Deol and Ayesha Takia. Directed by first time director Imtiaz Ali. More about movie is here at Shweta's post. Sandesh Shandilya [who debuted with two superhit songs in K3G, 'suraj hua madhdham' and 'you are my soniya'; and later fabulous album of Chameli,] has created such fresh tunes I can never get tired of listening. Lyrics are so simple, like conversations-that makes songs so very special. Hit the play button to listen to the album.

Album starts off with catchy 'Yaara Rab' sung by Sonu Nigam and Sanjivani [who did fabulous Chori Chori jab nazrein mili : Where is she now?]. A duet for runaway couple ;-). Tappy beats of Tablas makes it pacey a little and fresh vocals, especially Sanjivani who suits perfectly as voice of cute Ayesha (<3 <3) makes me hit repeat button again and again. Next up is 'Abhi Abhi mere dil mein': Ahh..no its not remake of 'kabhi kabhi' but its a beach song. To be specific, Goa Song. With Portugese beats, song makes it perfect for a Goan holiday. Sung by Sonu, Sunidhi and Kunal Ganjawala. The song is written by guest Lyricist Subrat Sinha.

Life gets somewhat serious after the mad mad earlier song, with 'Seedhey Saadhe Dhang Se...' where K.K. sings beautiful 'Marry Me' Song I ever have heard. Hats off to Irshad Kamil, the lyricist for making such lovely cute simple song. I can imagine pink world all over and flying hearts roses and mush more...i mean- much more :)

Next up are my most favorite words of the album: Na Sahi sung by Sandesh himself. Irshad weaves of words so well, and Sandesh too gives absolutely interesting rendition. Cause it is always tough to give music to unusual poetry unlike rhyming words like regular bollysongs. That thing again is reflecting in next track.

Another favorite of mine : 'Mera Tumhara'. It has got so so unusual words to be put in a song, but here Sandesh wins accolades. And so surprising that this song is written by Subrat Sinha, whose earlier track 'abhi abhi' is so much different then this. Love love these two songs. Both has distinctive 'Abhay Deol' feel. Here are the lyrics. [I got 'these two and the title song' in my mail, that made me flattered] This song is also sung by Sandesh, and gosh..his voice is so great I just wish he sings more often.

Next Track 'Zindagi' is quite fast track. And again with fun lyrics like 'abhi abhi'. Its a party song with interesting Rhyming words throughout the whole song. And somewhat breathless singing. Sonu and Sunidhi alongwith Lalit Bhushan, does fantastic singing. I wonder how much retakes they must had taken. For singing such a tricky track.

And if all this fab tracks didn't do enough for me, there came Grand Finale. A song sung by my most fav -Sadhna Sargam, a duet with [again] Sandesh Shandilya. 'Socha Na Tha' a song for lovers who still don't know that they are in love. And this song reminded me today, that it can be perfectly placed in JTYJN. Isn't it?? [an idea to write another post !!!] Song starts with deep voice of Sandesh and concluded by Sadhna-ji. In her own sweet singing, making the album absolutely special.

When I saw the movie after listening to soundtrack, I felt that music is so special for the movie. It moved story ahead at many places and so very well integrated in the movie itself. I have been listening to this since morning [about 4 repeats of whole album] still listening to it. Can't get enough ;D


More Forgotten Soundtracks : 1 2 3 4


6 comments:

  1. Yaar not fair yaar...abhi main Yaar Rab ke baare main likhna chalu kar diya tha..ki aapne ye bomb phod diya...fir maine Piya tose Naina Laage par likhna chalu kiya to Bhargav ne udhar Guide ka bomb phod diya...I wud hv to defer these posts now....else junta chillayegi..hmmm..abhi meri baari hai...is baar ek dhamakedaar kuch pesh karta hu..hehe...( I swear I won't write anything about farts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaar not fair yaar...abhi main Yaar Rab ke baare main likhna chalu kar diya tha..ki aapne ye bomb phod diya...fir maine Piya tose Naina Laage par likhna chalu kiya to Bhargav ne udhar Guide ka bomb phod diya...I wud hv to defer these posts now....else junta chillayegi..hmmm..abhi meri baari hai...is baar ek dhamakedaar kuch pesh karta hu..hehe...( I swear I won't write anything about farts)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank for reminding me of these forgotten soundtracks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even remember listening to these songs, so I'll have to check them out some time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't really listened to these songs carefully. Will check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sujoy Dekha...kaise mann ki baat padh li? Bomb to phodna padega na...Election jo sar pe hai !!! [lol, don't take it seriously dear CIA / CID ETC.] I think you should go on, write about Yaara Rab. It would be nice to read your take on this.

    Nicki Pleasure of mine. Are you listening to these soundtracks?

    theBollywoodFan Oh no..haven't you? Do it man. And tell me abt JTYJN and this ;)

    Bhargav Well...all I can say is Check it Out soon. Its always fresh.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails