Most favorite time of the year, season of lists, is here. I enjoy going back to the first month of the year, re listen, re-enjoy each soundtrack, each movie and make different lists. This time, I thought why not a love songs list? After all, its mandatory to have one in each OST. So, here is my list. Love songs of 2011. Selected from 20 albums of the year. [the order is just random]
1. Yun Hi & Piya [Tanu Weds Manu]: The BEST we had this year. Mohit Chauhan and Roop Kumar Rathod with Krsna's score and Raj Shekhar's words, made me flattered.
2. Bekaraan & Tere liye [Saat Khoon Maaf]: VB, Gulzar, Suresh Wadkar. The team that never goes wrong.
3. Baby when you talk to me [Patiala House]: Fun lyrics, catchy tune, SEL #ftw
4. Aankhein [I Am] : Lovely simple track, oh and one of the firsts [on screen].
5. Te Amo [Dum Maaro Dum]: Though Jiyein Kyun was the best one in album, dark it was. So I chose this colorful, trademark Pritam mush.
6. Saibo [Shor in the City]: Fantabulous mix of genres, oh and lovely vocals and lyrics.
7. Will you marry me? [Turning 30]: As simple as u feel its just vocals. Conversation like track is such a sweet one.
8. Hona Tha pyaar [Bol] : Atif. Haaayyeee...and oh, Hadiqa Kiyani... Fab guitar led duet.
9. Tum ko [Rockstar]: Kavita ji after a long time. Wonderful tablas. Rahman.
10. Dil ki tamanna [Force] : Harris and his mush filled stuff.
11. Kaise kahein alvida [Yeh Saali Zindgi] : Dreamy composition with lovely voice of Javed Ali.
12. Chu Chu [Sahib Biwi aur Gangster]: The retro sound hits perfect note.
13. Tere Siva [Delhi Belly] : The only 'veg' thing in belly of Delhi.
14. Ishq Sufiyana [The Dirty Picture] : Emraan Hashmi ka romantik andaz ;)
15. Dildara [Ra.One] : King of Romance - isn't it?
16. Yun Toh Mera Dil [Damadamm] : Oh, Himessh. You oughta be in this list.
17. I love you [Bodyguard]: Another Pritam number, in standard format, with fab vocals by Ash King.
18. Badmaash Dil [Singham] : Pleasantly composed and sung.
19. Sirfira sa hai dil [Love you, Mr Kalakaar] : Dear Sandesh, why u no compose much?
20. Baatein shuru [Mujhse Fraandship Karoge] : Something different, fun.
Tags : Best songs of 2011, Best love songs, 2011, music of 2011, love 2011, music of 2011