Hosanna & Aaromale : Meaning


Hosanna..
The word that took me deep down the lanes of love. The song from tamil film VTV [Vinnaithandi Varuvaayaa] that made me fall in love with southie cinema. Though I did not know what does Hosanna mean, but it was Rahman who was behind all that love. Fantabulous song that I can listen to - on repeat mode. And now it is translated into Hindi, for its remake Ek Deewana Tha. The word Hosanna is very much the same in the song, but all other lyrics are in Hindi.

Hosanna is a Hebrew word. Most probably used for the first time in Bible. That means 'Help' or 'Save (me) I pray'. Here in the movie, the hero, crazy for Jessie - crazy for her beauty - uses this word to express the joy - and to describe Jessie's killer looks and prays to save himself not to get killed by her looks.

Well, that's my interpretation.

Another word that remained in the hindi remake - Aaromale !
Aaromale literally means 'Beloved' or 'O Beloved'. Its a Malayalam word.

Outstanding song with great guitar riffs sung by Alphonse Joseph. And the song is not to be missed. Close your eyes and you can see the land of Kerala. That is the level of integration of the song into the movie.

Lets see, what Gautham Menon and Javed Akhtar has in store for us in Hindi VTV - Ek Deewana Tha , that is.

Tags : what does aaromale means, aaromale meaning, aromaale, aaromane, hosana, hossanna, hosaanna, hosanna, Rahman, Gautham Menon, Amy Jackson

20 comments:

  1. I always find tamil songs very pleasing to ears even though i dont understand a word of it.The tamil language is the language of Gods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love south Indian movies but dubbed as I don't understand Tamil Language. But these movies have great action and romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome song.....!!!!!!!!!!!gud 2 hear

    ReplyDelete
  4. I jusl luv this song......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just luv this song awesome...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow i love this song but now knowing the meaning of Hosanna i love it more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really wonderful Rehman Sir u are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is Exact meaning of HOSANNA and AAROMALE.
    my great experience for meaning some words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are my favorite song. RAHMAN is God.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaditya13:35

    Heavenly Music...
    only possible by Rehman sir.....
    Awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  11. i´m just loving it,its beautiful song,,,,thanks sirji...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you have explained the word Hossana so well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. both songs are great. outstanding. thanx to all of u guys to dedicated this songs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous18:10

    Wow i love this song very much.now i know the meaning of hosanna in that song:-)thnks maggie from kenya.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG

    AWESOME SONG.....
    I LOVED IT

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love this song..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amruta15:35

    Loved your explaination !!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails